Sunday, May 22, 2011

Travel Journals. . . continued

For this "Travel Journal" i began with an 8x8 album from SEI. It's such a nice little album where you can easily add more sheet protectors. They used Acco Fasteners for this little album, so you can easily add more inserts - love it!
On a previous post I gave some highlights of a travel journal i was creating.  Photos for the inside of that one are still to come. However, here is the one I created for my friend:  

 
 The front cover has a pocket with a tag of a vintage blueprint of a map of the Oregon Coast. You can use this pocket to stick brochures, ticket stubs, etc until you have a chance to post them in your Travel Journal. 
I used Basic Grey's Writer's Block Journaling Sets on the inside cover, along with a micro marker and a small calendar of the month of May. . . the month we will be traveling.
I also created "Travel Log Sheets" for each day we will be away - so easy to fill in and make a list of everything you did that day. From where you started that day to where you ended, all the sites you saw, where you took pictures, etc. Each sheet can be removed and added to your layout if you like. I found some additional Acco fasteners at the Dollar Store - I got a whole package of 25 for a buck. . .
 Back Cover
I found plastic pouches with zippers at Staples - they are usually used for a Day Runner time management system, but work perfectly for this little album. I just had to readjust the holes with my Cropadile.
. . . and it can't be a road trip without "Road Trip Bingo" - so I created several sets; one with vintage images of sites you will still see and then this very funny one for my friend, of very funny/strange signs.  I doubt very much she will find any of these signs - < grin > and of course I made mine really easy. . . <  snicker, snicker > I placed the Bingo Cards into a plastic folder so you can use a white board marker on the card and when finished you can wipe clean.. . . Voila!
I created some journaling tags as well as ordered some online from Jessica Sprague's Digi Store and House of Three for additional journaling for those special moments on the road.
 here is a close-up of that gorgeous blue vintage map. . .
 what better paper pack to use than "Seaside" by October Afternoon, which I found on sale at Scrapbooker's Paradise in Red Deer, AB - i love that store! They are always so helpful and friendly!
This has got to be the find of a century - a Steve Madden Travel Kit at the Winners store for a mere $15 - uh huh! Which I then turned into a Scrapbooking Traveling Kit. . . as you can see below:
 in the first pouch i have a vinyl eraser, pencil, 6" ruler, hole punch, precision scissors, and a small exacto blade.
 second pouch contains Travel themed stamps, and clear blocks.
third pouch contains several coloured inks, stamp cleaning wipes, a date stamp, stapler & staples, photo splits, adhesive and more. . .
and here it is all laid out for you. . . so functional - I sure hope I didn't forget anything?

Then to top it off I created this little booklet called "Scrapbooking En Route". It's a list of all the Scrapbooking Stores I could find from Montana, Idaho, Oregon and Washington states, all in alphabetical order according to town/city in each State . . . phewwww this was a labour intensive project.  I used a free digi pack from Sara Schmutz - Thank you so much Sara!


She will also be getting the "Chocolate Survival Kit" for the road, along with a "healthy junk food kit" I sure hope she enjoys all these little "Road Trip" extras - she's been an amazing friend over the years!

3 comments:

  1. This is a really cool idea. It's great when you get bored of just sitting in the car for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea....and I really like how you used the plastic pouches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are FANTASTIC!!

    You should do a class on this at Scrapbooker's Paradise. They are looking for fresh blood, I mean, new teachers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each one. All replies will be in the comment section, please check back to read them once I figure out how to use Blogger - LOL!